A firewall is certainly critical to the security of a business Network, and, in fact, it's becoming a standard practice for many organizations.
Firewalls are undoubtedly critical in ensuring your company has strong cybersecurity practices in place. A firewall is your first line of defense against threats to your data.
Since businesses often deal with confidential or personal data, it’s crucial to make sure this information doesn’t fall into cybercriminals hands. Firewalls protect data and protect your business from the consequences of unsecured information.
Firewalls Prevent Attacks, Protect Your Devices and Information From External Threats
Palo Alto Next-Generation Firewalls
Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls inspect all traffic (including applications, threats, and content), and tie that traffic to the user, regardless of location or device type. Palo Alto's next-generation firewalls enable unprecedented visibility and granular policy control of applications and content. Their firewalls can accurately identify and control applications regardless of port, protocol, evasive tactics, or SSL encryption by scanning content to stop threats and prevent data leaks.
Palo Alto has pioneered the next generation of network security with an innovative platform that allows you to secure your network and safely enable an increasingly complex and rapidly growing number of applications. At the core of this platform is the next-gen firewall, which delivers visibility and control over applications, users, and content within the firewall using a highly optimized hardware and software architecture.
Palo Alto enables your applications, users and content through innovative, tightly integrated technologies and services. Their firewalls determines the application’s identity and classifies it across all ports. The application and user are then assigned a safe enablement policy, which will apply to all of your users and protect your network against all types of threats from the application.
- Palo Alto VM-Series Virtual NGFWS:
- Secure solutions that fortifies public cloud security for multiple public cloud environments providing same level protection as on-premises data centers.
- Protect your private cloud investments by stopping lateral attacks in a virtualized cloud environment. Also, integration solutions with VMware NSX enforces trust zones to allow secure traffic.
- Boost your hybrid cloud security for on-premises deployments, cloud applications and branches by ensuring consistent security and threat protection.
- 5G adoption is quickly growing for enterprise-grade security in order to discover and safeguard critical data and applications.
- Critical data and applications in sophisticated, evolving networks that need to stay ahead of the competitive curve must discover enterprise-grade 5g security for their networks.
- Eliminate Network security gaps with a security management that can simplify policies across infrastructures and cloud.
- Palo Alto's CN-Series Container NGFW:
- Outbound traffic protection that blocks suspicious activity and prevents exfiltration with full outbound traffic content inspections.
- East-to-West traffic protection between pods in different trust zones or between pods and other workload types.
- Inbound traffic protection defends against malware delivery through custom-built signatures based on content instead of hashes.
For more information on Palo Alto firewalls click here
FortiGate Delivers Enterprise Secuity
FortiGate is referred to as the next-generation firewall. Being the core product of the company, FortiGate provides threat protection to every business type, working across every sector. FortiGate applies filters to network traffic to protect your company from threats - external and internal.
Fortinet's FortiGate firewalls offer strong security at a good price point, making them one of the most popular firewall vendors and a frequent finalist for enterprise Networks. FortiGate next-generation firewalls provide high performance, multilayered security and deep visibility for end-to-end protection across the enterprise network.
FortiGate NGFW is available in many different models to meet your needs ranging from entry-level hardware appliances to ultra high-end appliances to meet the most demanding threat protection performance requirements. This ensures that enterprise campus, core data-center, or internal segments, FortiGate can fit seamlessly into your environment.
For more information on FortiGates click here
Cisco is named a leader by Forrester in the enterprise firewall industry. Cisco firewalls use an adaptive security algorithm as a method of dynamically appending a random number to the translated session to make it even more difficult for a hacker to intercept.
Cisco provides secure firewalls for private, public and native cloud networks. The virtual firewall seamlessly extends Cisco's industry-leading security to protect your applications and data in private cloud, virtual data centers and software-defined networks (SDN). Cisco's secure firewall cloud native is modernizing the way you can secure applications and workload infrastructure at any scale.
Cisco has world-class security controls with threat intelligence and protection to your public cloud. Gain control across your environments with consistent security policies that seamlessly extend your security architecture into your public cloud. With what Cisco can offer for your network, their features and benefits provide consistent visibility and security into your cloud networks:
- Simplified Platform Experience: Gain a consistent experience that unifies visibility, enables automation, and strengthens your security across network, endpoints, cloud, and applications.
- Unified Management and Integrated Solutions: Enhance your defenses with a unified management ecosystem that can integrate across Cisco's broad portfolio.
- Consistent Security: Consistent enforcement and threat inspection across your public clouds to enhance your companies segmentation
- Centralized Management: Streamline your policy management along with automated risk ranking and impact flags are provided by into your applications, data, and users, reducing event volume so you can quickly prioritize threats and take action.
- High-performance with Scalable Security: A scalable VPN securely connects web, data center, and applications that is ideal for remote workers and multi-tenant environments.
For more information on the Cisco Firewall click here
Intelligent Next Generation Firewall Security
Versa Network NGFWaaS, a component of Versa SASE solves many challenges for organizations aiming to streamline their IT and security services. By centralizing security with the use of a unified threat management in the Versa cloud gateways, businesses can ensure that all their users, devices and locations are protected.
The latest security threats and vulnerabilities are identified, analyzed, and prevented. Scalability is easily achieved and efficiently managed whether enterprises plan to return to the office, adopt a hybrid model, or stay completely remote.
NGFWaaS from Versa SASE allows organizations to meet regulatory compliance without the hassle by preventing security breaches and data loss all with a single unified software platform. Versa's NGFW can offer your enterprise with comprehensive security benefits:
- Next Generation Firewall:
- App Filters
- URL Categories
- Geo Location
- Application Identity Based Policy Rules
- IP Blacklisting
- SSL Certificate Based Protection
- and More
- URL Categorization & Filtering:
- Policy Trigger Based on URL Category
- URL Profile (blacklist, whitelist, category reputation)
- Block, Inform, Ask, Justify, and Override
- and More
- HTTP, FTP, MTP, POP3, IMAP, MAPI support
- Decompression Support
- Storage Profile Support
- 35+ File Types Supported
- Auto Signature updates
- and More
- IP Filtering:
- Traffic being filtered based on geo-location
- DNS Name
- Supports IPv4 & IPv6
- and More
For more information on Versa Networks NGFW click here