VMware ESXi (formerly ESX) is an enterprise-class, type-1 hypervisor developed by VMware for deploying and serving virtual computers. Create a software-based—or virtual—representation of applications, servers, storage and networks to reduce IT expenses while boosting efficiency and agility.
VMware Cross-Cloud Services provides an integration of services to build, run and secure applications across any cloud. VMware can empower your business in three critical ways:
- Independence: Cross-Cloud Services gives your business maximum flexibility and choice across any cloud network.
- Agility & Speed: VMware helps to accelerate your cloud journey.
- Spend Less: Achieve massive gains in cost-efficiency.
Take back control of your multi-cloud environment with VMware. With their integrated portfolio of SaaS solutions, it can help your business build, run, manage and secure all your applications across the cloud. Enterprises need to explore what kind of solutions VMware can provide by accelerating your digital transformation across any applications, any cloud network, and any device:
- Cloud Infrastructure: Create a consistent environment that can simplifies application modernization and multi-cloud operations.
- Networking: Accelerate modern application operations with network and security virtualization for WAN, data centers and cloud.
- App Platform: Build new cloud native apps, modernize existing apps, and operate infrastructure that serves them all across any cloud.
- Anywhere Workspace: Enable any employee to work anywhere, anytime with seamless employee experiences.
- Security: Leverage your infrastructure across any app, any cloud and any device for intrinsic security at every layer.
- Telco Cloud: Deliver any application, on any cloud, anywhere from the core and the RAN to the edge and cloud.
Virtualization relies on software to simulate hardware functionality and create a virtual computer system. This enables IT organizations to run more than one virtual system, applications, and multiple operating systems on a single server. Here are the different types of VMware virtualizations:
- Desktop Virtualization: Enables IT organizations to respond faster to changing workplace needs and emerging opportunities.
- Network Virtualization: Allows applications to run on a virtual network as if they were running on a physical network — but with greater operational benefits and all the hardware independencies of virtualization.
- Server Virtualization: Enables multiple operating systems to run on a single physical server as highly efficient virtual machines
For more information on VMware's Virtualization click here